Do I need a visa to go to Canada?
Most foreign students will need a Study Permit to study in Canada. However If you wish to study a short-term course or program with a duration of six months or less you do not need a Study Permit. You must complete the course or program within the period authorized for your stay in Canada.
Click here for a list of countries that requires a Temporary Resident Visa to enter Canada. This is an official document issued by a visa office abroad. It is placed in your passport to show that you have met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident.
To apply for a visa please refer to the nearest Canadian Consulate. Many visa offices have specific local instructions concerning the documentation to be submitted with applications. Click here for a complete list of Canadian Consulates.
Other useful links:
What documents do I need to present upon arrival in Canada?
  • Valid Passport
  • Student or Temporary Resident Visa (if required for your country)
  • Proof of sufficient funds
  • Return airline ticket
  • Letter of Acceptance from school
  • Accommodation confirmation (Homestay letter if you have requested one)